Alianza Coachella Valley seeks one individual for the position of Accounting Manager.
Click here to download this job description and the application.
PROJECT BACKGROUND AND DESCRIPTION
Alianza is a collaborative partnership of nonprofit and public sector organizations, residents, community groups, and youth working together to improve the quality of life in the Eastern Coachella Valley and build a vibrant, healthy, and thriving Coachella Valley for all.
Alianza works to transform socio-economic conditions so that people in all communities have opportunities to prosper. We:
- Shape systems to remove barriers to economic and physical health
- Elevate local resident leadership to create opportunities for civic engagement
- Advocate through resident-led, issue-based campaigns that foster new leaders and collective impact
- Lead strategy for comprehensive policy solutions for our region
The Accounting Manager manages and oversees the day-to-day financial activities at Alianza Coachella Valley, including month and year-end financial statement preparation, accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable, payroll, year-end audit, and budgeting (including cash flow projections).
This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
The primary work location is at the Alianza office in Coachella, CA. This is a full time, exempt position with benefits.
*During periods of high transmission rates of COVID-19 team members might work remotely.*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Maintain accurate accounting records.
- Maintain appropriate grant management activities – ensure proper matching of expenses and prepare accurate billings and financial reports.
- Prepare accurate accrual and standard journal entries for month-end closing.
- Prepare accurate bi-weekly payroll for approval by (management) and maintain payroll records.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for review and approval by management.
- Prepare monthly bank and investment reconciliations for review and approval by management.
- Assist/prepare financial packages for meetings of management and the Board of Directors.
- Review and approve accounts payable invoices for proper coding.
- Review checks for signature by management.
- Prepare billings and control accounts receivable for Las Palmas Medical Plaza.
- Assist with year-end audit by preparing “Provided By Client” schedules and confirmations.
- Maintain an accurate chart of accounts.
- Prepare the annual budget in coordination with management.
- Maintain employee benefits – 403(b) Plan, medical, (other insurances).
Other duties may be assigned. The duties listed here are typical examples of the work performed; not all duties assigned are included, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or the equivalent; degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a similar area of study is preferred.
- Five (5) years of accounting experience; experience in the non-profit sector is preferred.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- The ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, internal and external stakeholders, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Solid experience with computer skills in email and calendaring applications, and in using word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and database software.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in working with accounting software.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects according to established organization criteria and protocols.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse work environment.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- This position does not require travel.
- Access to reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will sit, talk, hear, and use hands up to 2/3 of the time. The employee will stand and walk up to 1/3 of the time. The employee is routinely required to carry and/or lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is usually active.
Office Manager (accounts payable)
The Accounting Manager is a full-time, exempt position. Salary ranges between $55,000 to $70,000 annually based on experience. Benefits include paid vacation & sick days, medical insurance and dental. Employer match up to 5% is available for employees who participate in our retirement plan. Employees are eligible for benefits after they complete a whole 30 days of service in the calendar month.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: Applications may be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only qualified candidates will be asked to interview.
TO APPLY: Send application, cover letter, resume, and list of three references to: Marisa Aceves at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject header Accounting Manager.