Join the Movement! One Fair and Inclusive Coachella Valley
Alianza Coachella Valley seeks to hire for the position of Campaign Manager.
PROJECT BACKGROUND & DESCRIPTION
Alianza is a collaborative partnership of nonprofit and public sector organizations, residents, community groups, and youth working together to improve the quality of life in the Eastern Coachella Valley and build a vibrant, healthy, and thriving Coachella Valley for all.
Alianza works to transform socio-economic conditions so that people in all communities have opportunities to prosper. We:
Shape systems to remove barriers to economic and physical health
Elevate local resident leadership to create opportunities for civic engagement
Advocate through resident-led issue-based campaigns that foster new leaders and collective impact
Lead strategy for comprehensive policy solutions for our region
The Campaign Manager’s primary function is to provide direction, coordination and strategy support for a resident-led issue-based campaign that results in improved public policies. More specifically, this position will formulate campaign goals, strategies, and actions, as well as provide day-to-day support to a collaborative of non-profit orgs (content partners) and community leaders to advance the campaign.
This position reports directly to Alianza’s Director of Programs. Given the nature of the work, this position requires flexible hours as some meetings and program activities may occur outside normal office hours, on weekends, and in various locations. The primary work location is at the Alianza office in Coachella, CA. This is a full time, exempt position with benefits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership, direction, and coordination to the campaign collaborative
- Develop and monitor campaign goals, strategies, and actions
- Supervise and align the work of the campaign organizer to advance the campaign goals
- Engage youth, residents, and stakeholders in activities including but not limited to following areas: Community Science, CERF, public hearings, media/storytelling, civic engagement
- Working closely with YoC!, to coordinate the community organizing role of youth in support of the campaign. Support youth leadership development, training, and skill building in the campaign’s systems and policy change methodology
- Build alliances with strategic partners, government agencies, policymakers, and other organizations to communicate the need for ongoing investment and support of communities
- Lead, coordinate, and/or participate in local, regional and state-wide convening, conferences, meetings, trainings, activities, and events related to campaign goals
- Working in cooperation with the Operations Manager, provide campaign financial management tasks including coding expenditures, reviewing monthly financial reports, problem solving, and course corrections to ensure that the campaign conforms to its budget
- Assist in fundraising for the campaign and for Alianza overall including assistance in grant writing, grant reporting, donor cultivation and solicitation activities, and identifying potential new funding sources
Facilitation of Campaign Grupo de Trabajo
- Work toward the management of Campaign Grupo including planning, note taking, budget development, strategy, and implementation of campaign methodology
- Keep Grupo members aware of developments and foster openness and transparency among members.
- Ensure accountability of content partners including monitoring MOU deliverables and identifying problems or lack of progress. Seek solutions and course corrections
- Coordinate the Grupo in their roles in cultivating donors, supporters, and potential funders
- In cooperation with the Campaign Grupo Chair, regularly report to La Mesa on the progress and accomplishments of the Campaign. Seek their input and approval, as appropriate
- Working in cooperation with the Communications Manager, support external communication of Campaign goals, methods, events, developments, and accomplishments. Ensure recognition of community leadership
- Ensure all communication and presentations are culturally sensitive and age-appropriate
- Maintain mailing lists, databases, and attendance records directly related to civic engagement efforts.
Documentation and Evaluation
- Document/produce ongoing results on various collaborative tasks and prepare quarterly progress reports.
- Collaborate with the Director of Programs to design and implement an evaluation plan for assessing progress towards campaign goals and outcomes.
The position will supervise a campaign organizer, coordinate, train, and supervise community volunteers and members of the Alianza Coachella Valley collaborative (including both adults and youth). Responsibilities will include assisting, supporting, and coordinating action plans, workflow, and identification of community needs, working closely with technical assistance providers and campaign team.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to manage multiple time-sensitive projects, engage a diverse team in strategy development, communicate professionally on the phone and in person, work extended hours as needed, work with minimum supervision, exercise sound judgment at all times and be at work, consistently, on a full-time basis.
The individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduate from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Grassroots organizing experience and knowledge of public policy is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Deep interest in and commitment to the vision, mission, and work of Alianza
- Professionalism with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality and integrity
- Strategic and visionary
- Understanding of public policy & systems change work
- Community Organizing skills
- Meeting Facilitation skills
- Creative thinker and problem-solver that is open to the insight of others
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and to work collaboratively.
- Strong listening, interpersonal, networking, and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage tension among individuals and groups
- Able to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and communities
- Maintain a positive, personable, outgoing and proactive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective and efficient project and time management. Able to prioritize workload and maximize resources while working on multiple projects
- Able to gather, interpret and organize data and prepare comprehensive written reports
- Able to travel and work evenings and weekends as required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possess a valid California Driver’s License and verifiable automobile insurance. Have the use of a reasonably reliable automobile or equivalent vehicle for transportation to scheduled events.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The Campaign Manager is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary ranges between $55,000 to $60,000 annually based on experience. Benefits include paid vacation & sick days, medical insurance and dental. Employer match up to 5% is available for employees who participate in our retirement plan. Employees are eligible for benefits after they complete a whole 30 days of service in the calendar month.
CLOSING DATE: Applications may be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only qualified candidates will be asked to interview.
TO APPLY: Send application, cover letter, resume, and list of three references to: Marisa Aceves at email@example.com with subject header Campaign Manager.